WHCNorth Mobile App

Thursday, February 13, 2014

Reaching Others with the Hope of Christ

Galatians 6: 6 – 10, Let him who is taught the word share in all good things with him who teaches. Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, that he will also reap. For he who sows to his flesh will of the flesh reap corruption, but he who sows to the Spirit will of the Spirit reap everlasting life. And let us not grow weary while doing good, for in due season we shall reap if we do not lose heart. Therefore, as we have opportunity, let us do good to all, especially to those who are of the household of faith. NKJV
The Lord has graced me with the ability to write and share daily devotions with thousands of people around the world. Nonetheless, some of you may not know that I used to be limited by a condition called dyslexia. It kept me bound so that I couldn’t clearly understand what I read. Even so, by the grace of God, I was able to pass all my subjects and graduate from high school. Perhaps the greatest disadvantage of having dyslexia was that I had no passion for reading. I avoided it; and to this day, I struggle to finish reading a book.
One day in the mid 90's, I was walking through our living room, and I heard the Holy Spirit speak to me so clearly, “Go and read Isaiah 50.” When I read the chapter, my eyes were drawn to verse 4. “The Lord GOD has given Me the tongue of the learned, that I should know how to speak a word in season to him who is weary. He awakens Me morning by morning, He awakens My ear to hear as the learned.” NKJV
Shortly after this experience, I began to notice that I had a desire to read God’s Word. The Holy Spirit opened my understanding, and He showed me a revelation from 1 Corinthians 8 that started me on a new journey in ministry. Indeed, God has given me a tongue of the learned, and I have shared the “Good News” with so many over the past twenty years.
Kingdom Moments Daily Devotions (KMDD) is only one of the ministry outreaches that we oversee through Bridge of Hope Ministries, International. God uses these devotions to impact and to uplift the hearts of so many around the world. We receive praise reports and testimonials weekly from folks who tell us how God’s Word has helped them in their walk of faith as Disciples of Christ. To God be the glory for the great things He has done through this ministry. It’s such a blessing for us to receive feedback from KMDD subscribers and to hear all that God has done in people’s lives through the daily words of inspiration. If you would like to read just a few of the testimonies that we have received, log onto our church’s website and click on the devotion tab to see them.
Today, I am asking you to prayerfully consider sowing a financial seed into this ministry (KMDD). It costs the ministry $450.00 each year to have our emails sent out by the company we use. The bill for this service is due now. If only 90 of our subscribers would donate a one-time, tax deductible gift of $5.00, this need will be met. I don’t make a habit of asking for donations because that’s not what (KMDD) is about. We’re here to encourage you in your walk of faith. Nevertheless, we need your assistance to meet our need.
If you would like to donate today, you can click on the donate tab and give securely online through Paypal. You can also mail your gift of support to: Bridge of Hope Ministries International, P.O. Box 968, Morganton, Ga. 30560. All proceeds received will go directly to this particular ministry and will be very much appreciated. Thank you for subscribing to (KMDD) and sharing them with your family and friends. You can also let us know how this ministry has been a blessing to you by emailing us at prayer@whcnorth.org
Thank you and God Bless,
Pastor Asa Dockery

No comments:

Post a Comment