WHCNorth Mobile App

Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Nose Spray

Mark 9: 20 – 23, Then they brought him to Him. And when he saw Him, immediately the spirit convulsed him, and he fell on the ground and wallowed, foaming at the mouth. So He asked his father, "How long has this been happening to him?" And he said, "From childhood. And often he has thrown him both into the fire and into the water to destroy him. But if You can do anything, have compassion on us and help us." Jesus said to him, "If you can believe, all things are possible to him who believes." NKJV
When I was seeking the Lord today, the Holy Spirit told me that many people have the desire to be set free; nevertheless, fear has them bound. Allow me to expound for a moment. Over twenty-five years ago, I suffered with sinus issues and couldn’t breathe through my nose. Consequently, I did what many of you have probably done; I bought a spray that promised to open my nasal passages. Unfortunately, I became dependent upon the spray and later discovered that the brand I had purchased was very addictive. Initially, the spray helped my blockage, but after a while, I found my nasal passages were closing once again. This problem went on for some time.
I didn’t like being bound by the nose spray, but I didn’t believe that I could do without it; therefore, I wouldn’t try. Finally, one day I was driving home from work, and I had had enough. Even though I feared giving it up, a boldness rose up in my spirit, and I heard the Lord tell me to get rid of the bottle. I immediately obeyed Him and threw the bottle away. God healed my sinuses, which was my original problem, and then He set me from the dependency I had formed for the spray. I was set completely free…I never had to use it again.
I told my story in order to illustrate what the Holy Spirit talked to me about in prayer today. He told me that not only does He want to remove people’s troubles and health problems, He wants to rid them of the fear associated with their afflictions as well. Just like me with the nose spray, they don’t know if they can break away from the dependency that they have formed as a result of their conditions.
If you have a similar situation in your life, then you must do as I did that day on my way home from work. You must be willing to let go and trust God. Not only does He want to heal you of the original affliction, but He wants to break the chains of bondage that the enemy has used to hold you in captivity through fear and unbelief. Now you can better understand why I chose this particular scripture for today’s devotion. The young man’s father was desperate to have his son healed, but he was also struggling with unbelief. However, instead of allowing the unbelief in his mind to keep him from Jesus, the father asked the Lord to help him with his unbelief so that his son could get the miracle he needed.
This story wasn’t solely about the son’s deliverance; it was just as much about removing the unbelief from his father’s heart, so that the father could trust in Jesus to heal his son. Do you have unbelief in your heart concerning your situation? Do you have fear because you’re bound to a substance, a situation, or a person that is a result of your affliction? If so, ask the Lord to help you both with the unbelief and the fear in your heart; and then, step out in faith. Throw yourself at the feet of Jesus and let Him catch you and set you free from any chains that may have you bound. You can do this. Let go and receive your miracle today.
No More Spray for Me,
Pastor Asa Dockery

No comments:

Post a Comment